History in the Making. Support American Made products and gifts.
About us: Hartstone is a national treasure…though one of the last of its kind. Under the piers and beams of our buildings, which date to 1892, you’ll find hard at work some of America’s very last artisan potters hand crafting and hand-decorating our quality stoneware. Our pottery is rich with history…from the stories of the Bluebird Potters of centuries ago who made Ohio famous for its use of clays to the tale of Hartstone’s rebirth under new ownership. Come watch us make your favorite gifts…from the raw materials in the clay room, to our mold shop, to hand-decorating, to hand-dipped glazing! Our guided tours are free…and are a great history lesson for kids of all ages. Then shop in our one of a kind store for the perfect take home gift. Come paint your own pottery (reservations preferred)! From fun dog bowls to cookware, we’ve got something for everyone. Come make history with us!
Did you know?
- Hartstone used to make Starbucks mugs before the work was sent overseas.
- One fire of one of our kiln heats 8 houses for the month of February.
- Each Hartstone piece is initialed by its artist.
- We sell Christmas ornaments.
- We’ve manufactured for Crate & Barrel “Snow People” pottery, Starbucks mugs, Orvis dog bowls, Longaberger pottery, Plow & Hearth gifts and many more.Tour Hartstone:
- Come see why making a Hartstone mug takes 8 days!
- Convenient access, just 5 minutes from I-70
- Tours are FREE!
- Come paint your own pottery (reservations are preferred)
- Come meet our artisans and decorators.
- Shop in our 20000 square foot first class retail store…enjoying pottery, wrought iron, candles, and the very best foods from Ohio and beyond.
- Perfect for groups of all sizes, from families to bus groups of over 100.
- Please call ahead for all tours and paint your own pottery scheduling.
- We make licensed pottery for Ohio State, West Virginia University, Virginia Tech, University of Virginia, University of Michigan, Texas A&M, Penn State, and more!For buses: Tours are FREE!
- Ask about our “paint your own pottery” room!
- Ask about our “before/after hours” service (free of charge)
- Ask about our special bus tour shopping rates and gifts.
- 20 minutes from Dresden and the Longaberger Homestead, 55 minutes from Columbus, 20 minutes from The Wilds.Questions?Email: email@example.com
Please call or refer to website for hours.